Systems and Metadata Librarian
Roles and Responsibilities
- Provide leadership for the Library's technical services team to ensure library resources are discoverable and accessible
- Manage the library's systems to ensure streamlined and efficient workflows throughout the library
- Manage resource metadata and library discovery system, provide data analysis and reporting, and maintain systems integration with multiple external systems
- Liaison to School of Arts and Humanities, providing instruction and research support for students and faculty and building and maintaining collections in the arts and humanities
- Master of Library and Information Science, Simmons College
- Bachelor of Arts (Literature and Women's Studies), UC Santa Cruz
- Shared governance and leadership in academic libraries
- Semantic web and Linked Data
- Data modeling
Selected Publications & Presentations
- Krier, L. and Stine, K. (2017). "Your Metadata's Showing: Open Access the the Future of Bibliographic Control." In K. L. Smith and K. A Dickson (Eds.), Open Access and the Future of Scholarly Communication: Implementation. Lanham, MD: Rowman & Littlefield.
- Krier, L. and Strasser, C. (2013). Data Management for Libraries: A LITA Guide, Chicago: ALA Tech Source. Available in the SSU Library
- Krier, L. (2012) Serials, FRBR, and Library Linked Data: A Way Forward. Journal of Library Metadata, 12(2-3), 177-187. Copy deposited in UC eScholarship
- Krier, L. (2012) The Social Justice Impact of Ebooks. SRRT Newsletter Social Responsibilities Round Table, pp 12.
- Krier, L. (2008) Students as Technology Leaders. Bulletin of the American Society for Information Science & Technology 35(2), 47-48.
- "Content Management for Libraries" at Online Northwest, 2015, Corvallis, OR
- "When Staff Become Students: Alma Training with Moodle" at Ex Libris Users North America, 2017, Schaumburg, IL