Collection Development Librarian
Roles and Responsibilities
- Provide leadership on the management, evaluation, and access to the University Library’s collections
- Chair of the Library’s Art Committee which curates and programs the Library Gallery
- Liaison to the Art, Music, and Theater Arts & Dance departments, providing instruction and research support for students and faculty and building and maintaining collections in the arts
- Master of Science in Information Studies, University of Texas at Austin
- Bachelor of Arts (Sociology), Vassar College
- Inclusive library collections
- Visual literacy
Krier, L., Premo, R. & Wegmann, M. (2019). The future is wide open: Sustainable scholarly communications and affordable learning in libraries. Collection Management, “Imagining the Future Library Collection.”
Lear, M., & Wegmann, M. (2019). Participatory collection development: Collaborating with students to reimagine collections. In Timberline Acquisitions Institute, Government Camp, OR.
Fullmer, M., Greer, K., Schumacher, S. & Wegmann, M. (2019). Perceiving the metaliteracy landscape: Revisioning the ACRL Visual Literacy Competency Standards. In Association of College and Research Libraries Conference, Cleveland, OH.
Wegmann, M. & Selkirk, P. (2016). Mission and Values - Academic libraries on the frontline. In California Academic and Research Library Conference. Costa Mesa, CA.
Haithcox, I., McAlexander, M., Sackmann, A. F., & Wegmann, M. (2015). Beyond books: library programs that create unique STEM learning communities. In Association of Hispanic Serving Institution Educators. San Antonio, TX.
Sackmann, A. & Wegmann, M. (2014). New paths to information literacy: incorporating student assistants into library instruction services. In Library Instruction West. Portland, OR.
Sackmann, A. & Wegmann, M. (2014). New paths to information literacy: incorporating student assistants into library instruction services. In California Library Association Conference. Oakland, CA