Create a Library Password
When you use the Library for the first time, you need to create a password for your Library account. Your Library password along with the 14-digit barcode on the back of your campus ID are used to verify eligibility for library services such as accessing articles and databases from off campus and renewing your items online.
Your Library password is different from the password you use to check your grades, class schedules, and Seawolf email. You need to create a separate Library password on the Library's website.
Here's how to create your Library password:
- Click on My Library Account in the top navigation bar of the Library's website.
- Type in the 14-digit barcode number from your campus ID or library card.
- Type in your desired library password. Passwords must have at least six characters, with a combination of letters and numbers.
- Click Submit.
- Enter the barcode again and the new password two more times.
- Click Submit.
- If all was successful you should be successfully logged into your Library Account.
If you get an error message, ask for help at the Information/Check-Out Desk (707-664-2375) or Email the Library for assistance.
Modify Your Library Password
- Log into "My Library Account".
- Select Modify your password.
- A new window appears.
- Enter your current library password.
- Type in a new Library password.
- Type your new Library password again.
- Click "Submit."
Any other cool tricks?
If you log into your Library Account before searching the Library Catalog, you can
- Save your searches in the Library Catalog
- Request that your saved searches be run each week and an email be sent to you whenever anything new is added to the catalog on that topic.
- Note: If you use this function you should be aware of privacy concerns: staff will not have access to this information. However, with the appropriate court order, it is possible that law enforcement officials could gain access to your saved searches. If this is of concern to you, you should not use this feature.