Interlibrary Loan FAQ
|When do you need it?||Format||Options|
|Today||Dissertations||Dissertations & Theses (ProQuest)
We have instant online access to nearly 2 million dissertations and theses.
|2-3 business days||Books||LINK+
If you find the book in the LINK+, you can request it online, and pick it up at our Library, often within 2 days. Excludes weekends and holidays.
|3-10 business days||Books, Articles, and Dissertations||Interlibrary Loan
We can get almost anything you need from nearly any library in just a couple of weeks.
What is Interlibrary Loan? LINK+?
- Interlibrary Loan provides access to article, books and dissertations from libraries around the world that are not available at SSU.
- LINK+ provides access to books only from one of our more than 45 partner libraries that are not available at SSU. Use the 14-digit barcode on the back of your SSU ID card and your library password to request books.
Who is eligible to use Interlibrary Loan and LINK+?
- SSU faculty, staff and currently enrolled students. Community borrowers and SSU alumni should consult with their local public library.
How much does an interlibrary loan cost?
- Though we provide ILL services to eligible SSU patrons at no charge, the cost of an interlibrary loan transaction can range from about $20 to $50. Please request only those materials necessary for your research, retrieve items promptly after being notified of their receipt, and return materials on or before the due date.
Once I receive the item, how long will I be able to keep it?
- Articles are yours to keep and do not need to be returned to the lending library.
- Books received via LINK+ can be checked out for 21 days with the option to renew for an additional 14 days. These items will appear on your Library Account.
- Books received via Interlibrary Loan can be checked out for a limited period of time determined by the lending library. Renewal of these books is also at the discretion of the lending library. These items will appear in your Interlibrary Loan Account.
Still have questions? Feel free to contact us:
- Phone: (707) 664-2866
- FAX: (707) 664-4095
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- OCLC code: CSO
- Mailing Address:
- Interlibrary Loan Department
- Sonoma State University Library
- 1801 E. Cotati Ave
- Rohnert Park, CA 94928-3609