The Sonoma State University Library is open to all students, faculty, staff, and visitors.
All patrons must adhere to the following policies:
- All individuals must wear face masks while in the Library building. Masks are to be worn over the nose and mouth at all times throughout the facilities, even when studying alone.
- No food or eating is allowed inside the building. Eating is permitted on the third floor outdoor terrace or other seating areas outside the library.
- Beverages are permitted, but masks must be immediately replaced over the nose and mouth in between sips.
- Cleaning supplies will be provided for individuals who wish to sanitize shared equipment or surfaces.
- Sonoma State University no longer requires physical distancing in any setting. At present, no physical distancing or capacity limits are in effect at the University Library.
- To help prevent the spread of COVID-19, do not come to the Library if you have any of the symptoms outlined by the Center For Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), including fever, cough, and shortness of breath.
We know these are extraordinary times, and we care about how changes in library operations affect you. If you’re unable to get your schoolwork or research done because of COVID-19-related changes, please email email@example.com so we can find a solution together.
Updated as of January 19, 2022.
|Have a research question? Need help finding an article?||Get virtual or in-person research help from a librarian|
|Need a laptop?||Borrow a Macbook laptop for 4 hours or 1 week on a first-come, first-serve basis at the 2nd floor Info/Checkout Desk. Semester loans are no longer available.|
|Need to return a long-term laptop loan?||Find details on how to return a library laptop issued during a previous semester at the Library Laptop Delivery Program FAQ.|
|Seeking free versions of course materials?||Borrow course reserves at the 2nd floor Info/Checkout Desk.|
|Does your research require access to Special Collections or University Archives?||Make an appointment for on-site access. Or virtually explore our North Bay Digital Collections.
|Need to return a book?||Book drops are open, and items can be returned in-person or by mail.|
|Looking for a book?||The library stacks are now open for browsing and selection of materials. Search using the library’s catalog: OneSearch|
|Just stopping by campus?||Request materials for Quick Pickup at the Info/Checkout desk or our new smart lockers.|
|Need to print, scan, or copy?||Stop by to use our printing, scanning, & copying equipment|
|Searching for innovative technology?||The Makerspace will reopen on January 24, the first day of instruction.|
|Need to borrow from other libraries?||Interlibrary and CSU+ loan services for physical materials have resumed. Due to closures of our partner libraries, some requests may not be filled at this time.|
|Need to renew materials?||Renew online via OneSearch or in-person at the 2nd floor Info/Checkout desk. See Borrowing & Renewing for details on non-renewable items.|
|Instructors: Seeking a research workshop for your course?||Arrange for library instruction tailored to your course, delivered virtually or in-person.|
|Instructors: Need help with course reserves?||Place materials on reserve or contact your subject librarian to discuss the service.|
|Instructors: Need course materials digitized?||This emergency service is no longer available due to copyright constraints. Contact your subject librarian for assistance.|
|Want to stay informed?||Follow us on Instagram, Twitter, or Facebook|
The library building is open to the public. In response to the county's public health orders, the library building will be open for limited hours at least through Friday, February 11, 2022. Hours may change as the public health situation evolves. See library hours for details.
Our ability to offer 24/7 study hall hours on the first floor during final exams has not yet been determined.
For the Spring semester, reservations for Study Rooms and the Media Viewing Room, access to the Quiet Study Room (QSR), and open hours for the Makerspace have resumed.
All other public library spaces are open unless otherwise noted.
No large public events will be held in the library building through February 11, 2022 in accordance with public health recommendations.
Charlie Brown’s Cafe will remain closed until further notice.
All shared equipment and surfaces will not be cleaned by library personnel in between uses. Individuals should feel free to use cleaning and sanitizing supplies available at dispersed sanitization stations.