Jump to content
Printing from a Windows 7 Laptop
- Wireless printing is only available to patrons with a current Seawolf ID AND who are logged into the wireless prior to printing.
- The Pharos Pop-Up will not show up. Print jobs will automatically be titled with the name of the document being printed and the login name of the patron's laptop.
- ALL Print Jobs will be available for Printing on the First Floor of the Library ONLY.
- Visit the Tech Help Desk, located on the first floor of the library, if you require additional assistance.
- Open Control Panel > Devices and Printers
- Select Add a Printer
- Select Add a local printer
- Select Create a new port. Change port type to Standard TCP/IP Port
- Type ssuprint.sonoma.edu into Hostname or IP Address. If checked, uncheck the box Query the printer and automatically select the driver to use.
- Additional port information will be required. Click on Custom, then Settings.
- Change protocol to LPR
- Type in Laptopq on Queue Name
- Check the LPR Byte Counting Enabled
- Manufacturer - HP
- Printer - HP LaserJet P3011/P3015 PCL6
- Give the printer the name SSU Library Printer
- Click Finish and you are done.