Collection Development Librarian
Roles and Responsibilities
- Manages the library's electronic and physical collections, including acquisitions, receiving, processing, cataloging, and stacks management
- Leads the Collections Services team in ensuring library collections are accessible and acquisitions processes are efficient and effective
- Manages the library's circulation, access, and acquisitions system, supporting staff across all functional area
- Liaison to School of Arts and Humanities, providing instruction and research support for students and faculty and building and maintaining collections in the arts and humanities
- Master of Library and Information Science, Simmons College
- Bachelor of Arts (Literature and Women's Studies), UC Santa Cruz
- Shared governance and leadership in academic libraries
- Assessment and strategic planning
- Data modeling and metadata creation
Selected Publications & Presentations
- Krier, L. (2022). "Shared leadership and effective strategic planning." Journal of Library Administration, 62(7).
- Krier, L. (2022). "A framework for shared leadership: A perspective on strategic planning for academic libraries."The Journal of Academic Librarianship, In Press. doi: 10.1016/j.acalib.2022.102503
- Krier, L. (2021). "Library curriculum outside the classroom: Connecting library services to student learning."The Journal of Academic Librarianship, 47(2), 102303. doi: 10.1016/j.acalib.2020.102303
- Krier, L., Premo, R., and Wegmann, M. (2019). "The Future is Wide Open: Sustainable Scholarly Communications and Affordable Learning in the Library." Collection Management, 44(2-4_, 164-175.
- Krier, L. and Stine, K. (2017). "Your Metadata's Showing: Open Access the the Future of Bibliographic Control." In K. L. Smith and K. A Dickson (Eds.), Open Access and the Future of Scholarly Communication: Implementation. Lanham, MD: Rowman & Littlefield.
- Krier, L. and Strasser, C. (2013). Data Management for Libraries: A LITA Guide, Chicago: ALA Tech Source. Available in the SSU Library
- Krier, L. (2012) Serials, FRBR, and Library Linked Data: A Way Forward. Journal of Library Metadata, 12(2-3), 177-187. Copy deposited in UC eScholarship
- Krier, L. (2012) The Social Justice Impact of Ebooks. SRRT Newsletter Social Responsibilities Round Table, pp 12.
- Krier, L. (2008) Students as Technology Leaders. Bulletin of the American Society for Information Science & Technology 35(2), 47-48.
- "Content Management for Libraries" at Online Northwest, 2015, Corvallis, OR
- "When Staff Become Students: Alma Training with Moodle" at Ex Libris Users North America, 2017, Schaumburg, IL
- "If We Had a Prologue: Lessons from a System Migration" at Charleston Conference, 2017, Charleston, SC
- "From Cart to Reader: Shelf Ready Workflows with Gobi and Alma" at Ex Libris Users North America, 2018, Spokane, WA