Scholarly Communications Librarian
Roles and Responsibilities
- Develops and leads a scholarly communications program addressing topics such as open access, copyright, e-theses, and student research.
- Manages SSU participation in the CSU institutional repository, ScholarWorks, and creates initiatives to promote and sustain its use.
- Serves as liaison to the School of Science and Technology, with responsibilities including instruction, collection development, and research assistance.
- Collaborates with other units on campus, such as the Faculty Center, to engage in training and work related to various scholarly communications topics.
- Supports SSU faculty and campus partners interested in affordable learning and open education.
- Works with the faculty and students involved in the SSU Makerspace project to provide resources and information literacy instruction.
- Master of Science (Information Sciences), University of Tennessee
- Bachelor of Science in Journalism (News-Editorial Journalism), West Virginia University
- Public research communication
- Digital literacy and privacy education
- Undergraduate scholarly communication training
Krier L, Premo R, and Wegmann M. The future is wide open: sustainable scholarly communications and affordable learning in libraries. Collection Management. 2019. DOI: http://doi.org/10.1080/01462679.2019.1582392
Premo R. Consuming information like a scientist: evaluating and comparing scientific resources. In The Critical Thinking About Sources Cookbook. Chicago: ACRL Publications. In press.
Premo R. Affordable Course Materials: Electronic Textbooks and Open Educational Resources (Review). Journal of Librarianship and Scholarly Communication. 2018; 6(1). DOI: http://doi.org/10.7710/2162-3309.2252.
Alt-Textbook: Course Materials Via the Library (SSU), March 6, 2019.
Content and Pitch: Effective Scientific Research Posters and Poster Presentations (SSU), April 3, 2018.
Open Education and Affordable Learning at SSU: An Overview and Update (co-sponsored by SSU Faculty Center), March 6, 2018.
Copyright and Fair Use: An Introduction (SSU), February 27, 2018.
Scholarly Communications Committee, CSU Council of Library Deans
California Academic & Research Libraries (Scholarly Communication and Open Resources for Education interest group)