Borrowing SSU Library Materials
Check out library materials with your SSU Seawolf card or picture ID. Visit OneSearch to see your due dates, renewals, holds, and fines.
Students, staff, and faculty can check out up to 100 items at one time, 8 of which can be media items.
If you're not a student, faculty, or staff member of Sonoma State University, please visit our Information for Visitors page. If you're a Distance Learner, please find out more about services specifically for you at our Information for Distance Learners page.
You can renew materials online via OneSearch or visit the Information/Check-Out Desk for assistance. Renewals cannot be made by phone or email. Non-renewable items must be returned to the library.
Students - 16 weeks
Faculty and Staff - 1 year
|Reserves (Print & Media)||2 hrs||No||
|Popular Reading||30 days||Yes||
|Circulating Regional Books||7 days||Yes||
- There are Book Drop locations at the Information/Check-Out Desk, outside the first floor entrance, and outside the second floor entrance.
- Return Reserves to the Information/Check-Out Desk or to the book drop outside the second floor entrance.
- Materials returned after the Library is closed will be checked in the following day.
Requesting Library-Owned Materials
All CSU-affiliated students, faculty, and staff can request items via OneSearch.
Our new Quick Pickup service will get you the materials you need with minimal contact with people and public spaces. Please follow the following steps to ensure that the pickup process is as safe and smooth as possible:
- Login to OneSearch with your SSU login.
- Find the library item you want. Under Request Options, select Request for Pickup or Loc.
- Under Pickup Location, choose University Library to pick up at the 2nd floor Info/Checkout Desk or Locker Pickup to pick up at our smart lockers.
- Click the Request button.
- Wait for an email indicating the item is checked out to you and ready for pickup.
- Within 7 days of receiving this email, stop by the library to retrieve your materials. You will forfeit your hold if materials have not been retrieved within 7 days.
- If you choose Locker Pickup, stop by the lockers located outside the first floor entrance near Charlie Brown's and submit the access code sent to you via email.
- You may return your library items in-person at our book drops located outside the 1st or 2nd floor entrance, by mail (at your own expense), or at any nearby CSU library.
- Overdue notices are a courtesy only. Notices are sent to your email address. Check your My Library Account in OneSearch for due dates.
- A lost item replacement fee is added to long-overdue items. If an item is not lost return it to have the fee reduced.
- Library and campus privileges are restricted when over $50 in fines is accrued. Visit the Information/Check-Out Desk to pay fines.
- Questions? Contact Jack Ritchie for Print (707-664-2562) and John Muller for Multimedia (707-664-2590).
Lost or Damaged Materials
Lost or damaged materials result in a fee and restricted Library services. You may pay a replacement fee or replace the item yourself. Library services will be restored once the item has been replaced and/or the fee is paid. Please see our Borrowing from Other Libraries for more information about lost or damaged materials from other Libraries.
If you choose to pay a replacement fee:
- Replacement fees vary depending on format and availability of the item. Generally, books cost $50 to replace. Circulation staff can advise you.
- Visit the Information/Check-Out Desk to pay with cash or a check made out to SSU.
If you choose to replace the item yourself:
- Before purchasing a replacement you must contact the Collection Development Librarian, Laura Krier, at 707-664-2459 or email@example.com.
- The Systems and Metadata Librarian will work with you to identify an acceptable replacement copy of the item.
- New hardback books are preferred. We also accept paperbacks and used books in excellent condition with no missing pages, highlighting, stains, mildewing, or mold. Replacement books must be in new or like-new condition.
- We do not accept used copies of videos and DVDs. Exceptions are made only for rare items.
- You must replace the item within three months of billing.
- Bring replacement material to the Information/Check-Out Desk.
- After the Collection Development Librarian has approved your replacement, your Library privileges will be restored.