Borrow a Laptop
Current SSU students, faculty, and staff may borrow Macbook laptops from the Information/Check-Out Desk on the 2nd floor. Laptops are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
What you need to borrow a laptop
- Photo ID
- A library account in good standing
- Flash Drive is recommended (to save your work and take it away with you)
Software on the Laptops
- Adobe Acrobat
- Google Chrome
- Office 2011
- System Center Endpoint Projection
- Windows Media Player
- Loan period is
- 4 hours for 2016 Macbook Air
- 1 week for 2012 Macbook Pro
- Renewals are allowed when there is no one waiting. Laptop renewals must be done in-person.
- Failure to return the laptop on time will result in an hourly fine.
- The University Library reserves the right to deny checkout privileges based on past abuses.
- The borrower agrees to return the laptop equipment in the same order and condition as when received and if such equipment is damaged or lost while on loan, agrees to reimburse the university for the costs of repair or replacement with new equipment of the same type.
- Overdue charges of $1.00 per hour are assessed if the laptop is not returned on time.
- There is no grace period.
- Please report loss, damage, or defect to the Information/Check-Out Desk immediately.
Printing Your Work
- Log into the Sonoma State Wireless.
- Print your document normally from the application you are using.
- Select the printer.
- Enter a name for the print job.
- Enter your full name, e.g., Jane Patron.
- A print notification will appear showing the number of pages, the cost to print them, and the location of the Print Release Station where the document(s) can be picked up.
- Go to the appropriate Print Release Station.
- Move the mouse to exit the screensaver and move it again to show the print job queue.
- Click on your print job. The names you filled in the dialog boxes (Step 4) are used to identify your job.
- The system will indicate how much it will cost to print your document(s). Insert money into the cash machine next to the Print Release Station, nickels, dimes, quarters, and dollar denominations of $1 can be used. Change will be given if applicable.
- Click "Print" to send the selected jobs to the printer.
- Click on "Log Off & Receive Change" button.
- Please, do not leave the library laptops unattended. You are responsible for the laptop checked out to you. The Library is not responsible for loss while checked out to you.
- Personal software may not be loaded onto the laptop. No user files will be retained on the hard disk.
- For technical questions about operation of the library laptops, please go to one of the Tech Help Desks.
- Please report any hardware or software problems to staff at the Information/Check-Out Desk when returning the laptop.