Borrow a Laptop
What you need to borrow a laptop
- Photo ID
- A library account in good standing
Software on the Laptops
- Apple Applications
- Adobe Acrobat
- Adobe Creative Cloud (Illustrator, Photoshop and other apps can be downloaded using your SSU login credentials)
- Web Browsers
- Google Chrome
- Camtasia 2020
- Google Earth Pro
- Microsoft Office 2019
- Microsoft OneDrive
- Self Service
- StuffIt Expander
- VLC Player
The following applications can be downloaded from the Self Service application:
- Adobe Creative Cloud
- Loan period is
- 4 hours for Macbook Air
- 1 semester for Macbook Air
- Four hour loans may be renewed when there is no one waiting. Laptop renewals must be done in-person.
- Semester loans may not be renewed.
- Failure to return the laptop on time will result in a fine.
- The University Library reserves the right to deny checkout privileges based on past abuses.
- The borrower agrees to return the laptop equipment in the same order and condition as when received and if such equipment is damaged or lost while on loan, agrees to reimburse the university for the costs of repair or replacement with new equipment of the same type.
- Overdue charges of $1.00 per hour are assessed to four hour loans if the laptop is not returned on time.
- Overdue charges of $5.00 per day are assessed to semester loans if the laptop is not returned on time. If overdue by 30 days the laptop will be considered lost, and the borrower will be charged a replacement fee.
- There is no grace period.
- Please report loss, damage, or defect to the Information/Check-Out Desk immediately.
- Please, do not leave the library laptops unattended. You are responsible for the laptop checked out to you. The Library is not responsible for loss while checked out to you.
- Personal software may not be loaded onto the laptop. No user files will be retained on the hard disk.
- Please report any hardware or software problems to staff at the Information/Check-Out Desk when returning the laptop.